The spectacular roads of Italy are among the top most beautiful roads in the world. And these lead you to amazing places !
If you wish to avoid the summer crowds you can visit Amalfi Coast during September or October. Then the temperatures are still over 26 Celsius degrees but the traffic is lower and so the tariffs.
As little as this town is, as many gems it is hiding. This is an open invitation to discover them by yourself upon your own curiosities. So here are only a few hints:
- About 5 hours Pompeii guided tour from Positano
- Optional visits:
- Costiera Amalfitana Positano ~ Coastal region with small, scenic towns
- Duomo di Amalfi ~ Medieval cathedral with an 1800s facade
- Nave scuola Amerigo Vespucci ~ Open-Air Museum
- Castello Pino
- Path of Gods ~ Scenic trail with coastal views
- Play tennis outdoor with a sea view at Settimo Piano Positano Tennis Club
- Optional dinner at Zass Restaurant or Carlino Restaurant
- 1 night of accommodation at Il San Pietro di Positano
- From 1,095 Euro / guest
(Online) visa, Travel insurance, Country details, Travel experts (leading travel agencies / tour operators / travel advisors), Flight tickets, Rent a car, Destinations (with Accommodation, Restaurants, Sightseeing & Activities)
Did you find this information helpful ?
TAP TO TIP
Wish for something else ?
Feel free to let us know !
Venice is one of Europe’s most walkable cities. It lies on an island that has just the perfect size for this. Plus all its main historic marvels are gathered all together:
- the spectacular Piazza San Marco and its almost 1000-year-old Basilica with gold mosaics,
- Campanile bell tower that offers you breathtaking views over the floating city’s red roofs,
- Doge’s Palace built in Gothic style, former residence of Venetian Republic’s heads,
- Riva degli Schiavoni that leads you to the Bridge of Sighs, named by Lord Byron.
In only two hours with a private guide, you will discover the best of this popular Italian city upon your preferences.
Overlooking the Venetian Cannaregio Canal, Carnival Palace Hotel is a palazzo hotel with Murano glass chandeliers. Their Carrara marble bathrooms have sinks in silver or gold leaf. Here, you can choose to have a private jacuzzi or a rooftop garden view.
At dinnertime, head to Quadrino Bistro to discover the traditional cuisine of Venice.
Then, stroll on Fondamenta della Misericordia, one of the most romantic canal-side streets.
Back to your hotel, the rooftop Mask Bar – known for its extensive wine list – awaits you.
Next day, take again your most comfortable shoes and remember to explore also:
- Burano Island,
- Grand Canal or
- Palazzo Gritti ~ One of the top most charming castles, former residence of Duke of Venice. Its 500 years old luxury rooms with unmistakable Venetian style decorations hosted Winston Churchill, Ernest Hemingway and Greta Garbo !
With water parks, amusement parks, museums and kid-friendly attractions, Rome has Europe’s top low transport costs. And it is one of the sunniest cities in Europe.
- 3 h private tour of Rome by electrical golf car including:
- Colosseum ~ one of top 10 most popular tourist attractions in Europe
- Spanish Steps and Via Dei Condotti (for designer shopping)
- Trevi Fountain ~ one of top 10 most popular tourist attractions in Europe
- Pantheon ~ one of top 10 most popular tourist attractions in Europe
- Piazza Navona
- Roman Forum
- St. Peter’s Square and Basilica
- Piazza del Popolo
- Castel Sant’Angelo
- Complesso del Vittoriano
- Villa Borghese Passage (for pictures of the beautiful panorama)
- Piazza Campo de’ Fiori
- Fiumi Fountain
- Pompeii ~ 8th most beautiful European holiday destination according to CNN
- Lunch or dinner at Melanzane e zucchine Restaurant
- 1 night at Condominio Monti 3*, a fine residential-style hotel serving a delightful breakfast on its terrace from the fifth floor.
- 4 hours secret beach tour by bicycle (private tour with free cancellation)
- Optional trips to:
- 1 Sardinian lunch or dinner for 2 at Bacchus Restaurant
- 1 night of accommodation at Petra Segreta Resort & Spa
And all these from just 3,296 Euro per guest !
The Lakes: Como, Garda and Maggiore
This is one of the top 10 best holiday destinations in August for summer sun.
Lombardy, Lenno (overlooking Lake Como)
Villa del Balbianello – Lakeside renaissance residence & museum
This is one of the sunniest cities in Europe and one of the top 10 best holiday destinations in August for summer sun.
- Duomo di Milano and the Madonnina gilded statue found on its top spire
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum of Science and Technology ~ from 11 Euro / guest
Traditional Cuisine Restaurant
- Felice a Testaccio ~ from 58 Euro / guest
Style Homes San Marco 29 4*
- Travel sustainable property that takes health and safety measures
- Spa and wellness centre
- Entire apartment
- Free cancellation
- No prepayment needed
Other top destinations in Italy