Portugal ranks in top European countries when it comes to friendliness. And its Iberian Peninsula holds the second position in the top ‘feeling at home’ category.
One of Europe’s most walkable cities, Lisbon is also the number one destination to go for restaurants. This city has among its attractions: water parks, amusement parks, museums and kid-friendly attractions. It is also the 6th most beautiful European holiday destination according to CNN.
- 1.5 h private tour of Lisbon by tuk tuk. Check out the 12th century catholic cathedral of Lisbon raised on the former site of the city’s mosque. Admire the local landscapes from Santa Luzia. Take unforgettable pictures at Miradouro das Portas do Sol with breathtaking views over Tagus River and Alfama’s roofs and domes. Enjoy a romantic sunset at Miradouro da Senhora do Monte from where you can admire almost the entire Lisbon ! Pass by Panteao Nacional and look for the narrow alleys in Alfama that lead you to the Flee Market. Home of Fado folk music, Alfama is the oldest, most picturesque district of Lisbon. It is here where you should taste Ginjinha, the local traditional liqueur prepared with sour cherry. Pass by Rossio, Baixa and Restauradores and see Santa Justa’s lift, rebuilt after the earthquake from the 18th century.
- 1 night at Pousada Castelo Palmela 4*, a gorgeous castle dating from the 17th century. Located on top of a hill, this serves excellent food with great panoramas over vineyards and Palmela whitewashed town.
- Lagos ~ Cascade Wellness Resort
- Porto Santo Island ~ Golden Beach, one of top 5 most beautiful beaches in Europe in 2022
- Algarve ~ Algarve Beach
- Hike uphill in Lisbon, in Alfama district, for breathtaking sunset views. Miradouro das Portas do Sol and Miradouro de Santa Luzia are the most famous panoramic viewpoints. Evenings in the streets with restaurants caress your ears with fado music.
- Baixa district, rebuilt after the earthquake in 1755, has elegant boulevards with apartments in the stylish Pombaline Neoclassic design. The bakeries here sell lots of tempting treats like pastel de nata, a local tart with filling of egg custard.
- From 143 Euro / guest
- Private Dolphin and Whale Watching Tour for 2
- 1 Portuguese lunch or dinner for 2 at Casal da Penha Restaurant
- 6 nights at a 5* hotel
- 977 Euro / guest / week at Savoy Palace – the Leading Hotels of the World – Savoy Signature 5*
- 1,287 Euro / guest / week at Quinta Jardins do Lago Hotel
- Warmly recommended: Seixal Beach, one of the top European beaches in 2022