HOW IT WORKS
– Following the tailor made offer you will receive a message with the link to your online tour map.
In case you do not receive it within 24 hours please contact us.
– Sightseeing contact details are visible on the map and their photo gallery appears when viewed in Google Maps.
- Tours are available year round.
All of them are subject to seasonal variations and change without notice.
Some experiences and recommended accommodation units may be subject to seasonality and / or availability.
Also black out dates may appear.
For these reasons availability can only be guaranteed at the moment of booking.
If needed substitutes shall be offered.
– Kindly remember the itinerary proposal is just a sample of the amazing holidays your local expert can plan for you.
This tour shall be tailor made in order to best fit your own preferences.
Even after customization it remains subject of road and weather conditions as well as of optimizing changes.
– Eventual mentioned timings are informative only, being subject of weather and traffic conditions.
- Tariffs mentioned in tour proposals are informative only, based on availability at time of checking (no bookings made).
Final tariffs are according to tailor made tours, including all taxes and fees.
The offer will clearly explain all costs (inclusively eventual credit card charges).
There are no hidden extra costs at all.
– Price offer is based on the best availability at the time of checking (no bookings made).
– All costs include VAT and are informative only varying upon:
— currency fluctuations,
— tour length,
— number of guests,
— accommodation and car availability at time of booking,
— final mileage,
— chosen menu at restaurants,
— special experiences,
— discounts and other custom preferences.
– We prefer to give you the freedom of choice while protecting your budget.
This is why Azzurytt tariffs do not cover any:
— international airfare,
— travel insurance,
— car rental services,
— accommodation services and full board meals,
— tips, charges and local taxes or entry fees.
All these are commission free and have to be paid directly to respective suppliers.
– Accommodation units tariff increases and / or price increases in taxes, government fees, surcharges or currency exchange between quote’s date and that of tour’s beginning are payable by guest.
Booking a tour
- The advance notice needed for planning depends on departure date and itinerary flexibility.
For tours in high season, the more notice the better.
For a relaxed planning process, 3-6 months are ideal.
Last minute counseling on a set itinerary is possible depending on workload.
– Reservations with at least 2-3 months in advance are strongly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Some of recommended accommodation units are selling out incredibly fast.
In these cases, booking with at least 6 months in advance is strongly recommended.
– Bookings shall be made directly by you following the provided links to recommended hotels / suppliers.
— you would prefer different proposals or
— the respective hotels have no more available rooms for your dates,
alternatives shall be provided on request.
- Full itinerary planning fee is due the latest after the third tour proposal or at booking time, whichever comes first.
A deposit of 50% of tour price (exclusive of itinerary planning fee) is required at booking time.
Balance is due at least 30 days prior to tour start.
For bookings made within 30 days of tour start, entire tour price must be paid at booking confirmation’s time.
– Depending on their specific policies and offered options, payment of services provided by Azzurytt suppliers (for example: accommodation unit’s) shall be done directly by you to respective suppliers.
Payments shall be done either with at least 2 weeks in advance:
— by bank transfer,
— by card via www.PayPal.com,
— online on supplier’s website,
— on www.booking.com
or at check-in.
– Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted and sometimes even American Express. There are also situations when payment can be done only in cash in RON / EUR / USD.
– You are solely responsible for respecting suppliers’ cancellation and refund terms.
– If you would like us to take care of cancellations for you, we would be happy to assist you at our applicable tour day rate for luxury / VIP guests.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
One of the world’s most inciting and picturesque travel destinations, Romania is among the less expensive countries in Europe.
We strongly recommend that you check your government’s travel advisory for up-to-date information and advice about your destination:
– safety and security,
– entry requirements,
– local laws and customs.
For Romania you might find it useful to check the Travel Advice page of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania.
This is an incredibly safe country if you keep your nose clean.
Romania’s rate of delinquency is almost 5 times smaller than the average of European Union states.
And it is the same with that from Greece, Cyprus, Malta or Portugal.
Romania’s strengths are the peace, security and protection of surrounding environment.
No immunizations, vaccinations or unusual health precautions are necessary before visiting Romania.
For further information regarding vaccinations and travel health advice please consult your local healthcare provider.
Since 1991 Romania is a democratic Republic with a bicameral Parliament.
Since 2014, Klaus Iohannis is the President of Romania.
The national flag is tricolor: red, yellow and blue.
Summer (DST): UTC+3 (EEST)
Romania is an year-round destination with temperate continental climate.
Due to its incredible variety of relief forms concentrated on a relatively small area it has a moody weather.
Generally summers are very warm to hot and winters are quite cold.
In spring and autumn there are important differences of temperature between night and day.
Differences between morning and noon temperatures can reach 10-15 Celsius degrees.
Warm season spreads between April and September, the cold season lasting from October to March.
In April, visiting Bucharest, Constanta and Brasov, there are great chances to experience 4 seasons in less than 1 week.
And in July and August if going on top of Carpathian Mountains you can still find some snow.
To embrace your tour to the fullest, here are some useful information.
No matter the season of your visit, put in your luggage rain clothes.
Take thin clothes if you come here in the summer, on the coast and / or in the lowland.
Pack warmer clothes for visits during the winter and / or in the upland.
You should bring:
– thermal underwear,
– thick socks,
– a sweater / warm fleece,
– good windproof / rainproof (well insulated) jacket and pair of trousers (ski jacket and trousers),
– woolly hat / balaclava,
You can wear smart-comfortable-casual dress (whatever that means to you) in most occasions.
Your attire should include: t-shirts / polos, jeans / loose fitting trousers and comfortable shoes.
Look your best but keep in mind that suits, ties and heels won’t work that well !
If going to a venue that requires formal dress you can wear a suit and tie or the women’s equivalent.
Remember to also take your own necessities: sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, medical supplies, etc.
Romanian is a Latin origin language.
That's why Romanians can quite easily understand Italian, Spanish, French and even Portuguese.
Besides Romanian, they widely speak English, French, German and Hungarian.
Romanians appreciate the customary courtesies.
The most common form of greeting is handshaking.
Between persons that just meet each other it is respectful to use Mrs. or Mr. when using their names.
Wonderful hospitable people with an innate sense of humor, Romanians are open, spontaneous and great tellers.
So don’t consider an impoliteness if they directly tackle subjects about Romania’s politics, history, a person’s age, income, religion etc.
But always remember to give diplomatic answers.
By the way, most of Romanians are Orthodox Christians (~ 86%) and Romania Roman-Catholics (~ 4%).
The national currency is the “leu” (lion), the plural “lei” (RON = Romanian New Leu).
Romania is not using Euro yet.
In important towns there are plenty of ATMs and major credit cards (especially Visa and MasterCard) are accepted.
When traveling to remote areas, small towns or villages, it is wisely to carry Romanian currency in cash.
You must have your own appropriate insurances: travel / medical, storno (trip cancellation), for luggage, etc.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that all information provided to any insurance company is correct and not misleading.
Passports ~ Visas
For traveling to Romania you will need a valid ID card (EU citizens only) or passport.
You are solely responsible for obtaining a passport or any other required documentation.
For the latest visa requirements kindly check with the appropriate consulate or embassy.
You can also check the Romanian Visa & Consular Affairs and Travel Info sections on www.mae.ro.
Romania is easily accessible by plane from almost any European capital.
You can choose any of the 8 Romania’s international airports to start / end your tour.
You are solely responsible for correctly booking the arrival and departure flights and fully informing us about your flights details.
– Baia Mare
Search for best direct flights to Romania’s airports
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more certified (private) airports and heliports in Romania.
We complimentary recommend you accommodation units.
If these have no available rooms for your dates or you prefer different units, alternatives shall be provided.
You are solely responsible for checking each accommodation unit’s:
– online reviews,
– policy etc.
before making the booking (or requesting Azzurytt to make the booking for you).
WHILE ON TOUR- For any kind of support while on holiday, please contact your personal tour manager, Kryss.
She is available 24/7 on WhatsApp (free of charge), text messages or phone calls (charges may apply).
And she can assist you with any kind of request such as:
— giving details about the water served in your car,
— suggesting alternatives / nearby needed shops or
— other questions / wishes you might have.
If you opted for a luxury / VIP tour she will also complimentary assist you with requests like:
— changing / canceling dinner reservations,
— updating the itinerary for the next day or
— getting tickets to an opera performance next evening.
– As per our contract, in order to be taken into consideration, any possible claim shall be made during tour.
Thus we have the best opportunity of rectifying the situation at source and occurrence time.