BUCHAREST ~ BRASOV ~ MURES ~ HUNEDOARA ~ ALBA ~ ARGES ~ BUCHAREST
– Admire the impressive vintage car private collection of a Romanian billionaire
– Follow the roads that were settings for “The Brothers Bloom” movie featuring Adrien Brody and Rachel Weisz
– Taste traditional homemade delicacies in a Saxon village
– Find out about the inventor of the first Romanian airplane
– Wonder through the medieval 7 pointed star-shaped citadel of Alba Iulia
– Visit Horezu Monastery – part of UNESCO World Heritage
– Dine and spend the night at a lordly mansion
DAY 1 ~ Wallachia ~ BucharestBucharest highlights
Welcome and greetings at Bucharest airport.
Private car transfer to your hotel in Bucharest.
Bucharest sightseeing upon available time and your choices:
– Romanian billionaire vintage cars collection,
– Nicodim Art Gallery,
– Victory Avenue,
– Fine Arts Museum (Winter Royal Palace),
– Old city center walking tour,
– Romania National Bank Museum.
Dinner at Concerto Fine Dining Restaurant.
Overnight in Bucharest at Casa Capsa Hotel.
DAY 2 ~ Wallachia ~ Carpathian Mountains ~ Prahova ValleyThe most beautiful valley of Romania
Former palace of communist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu.
Drive to Prahova Valley.
Lunch at Snagov Club Restaurant.
Breaza – Comarnic transfer. The roads between Comarnic and Breaza (Prahova County) were settings for “The Brothers Bloom” (2007). Featuring Adrien Brody and Rachel Weisz, it received 3 Oscar nominations.
Posada Castle & Hunting Museum.
Arrival in Brasov medieval city.
Dinner at Sergiana Restaurant.
Overnight in Brasov at Aro Palace Hotel.
DAY 3 ~ Transylvania ~ Carpathian Mountains ~ BrasovBrasov medieval city sightseeing
Brasov city tour of your choice:
– Franciscan Monastery,
– Graft Bastion,
– White & Black Towers,
– Ecaterina & Schei Gates,
– Beth Israel Synagogue,
– String Street,
– Black Church,
– Council Square & House,
– Brasov History Museum.
Sky view lunch at Belvedere Restaurant.
Rupea Fortress (14th century).
Traditional homemade delicacies tasting in Saschiz village (UNESCO site).
Dinner & Overnight in Sighisoara at Binderbubi Hotel.
DAY 4 ~ Transylvania ~ Carpathian Mountains ~ Mures & Hunedoara CountiesOne of the few still inhabited Middle Age fortresses in Europe
Visit Sighisoara Fortress, one of the few medieval fortresses in Europe still inhabited:
– Watch Tower,
– Covered Wooden Stairs (175 steps),
– Hill Church.
Taste local natural fruit brandy.
Lunch in Sighisoara.
Aurel Vlaicu Memorial House – Inventor of the first Romanian airplane.
Arrival in Deva.
Dinner & Overnight in Deva at Villa Venus.
DAY 5 ~ Transylvania ~ Carpathian Mountains ~ Sibiu & Alba IuliaEuropean Cultural Capital of 2007 and the Citadel of Marshall Vauban
Drive to Marginimea Sibiului.
sightseeing upon your interests and time at disposal:
– Clothes mill,
– Oil press,
– Paper mill,
– the oldest orphanage in Romania,
– Glass Icons Museum,
– Folk Costumes Collection.
Lunch in Marginimea Sibiului.
Drive to Alba Iulia.
Vauban Citadel tour:
– Gates tour,
– Reunification Cathedral & Museum.
Dinner in the old gunpowder storehouse of the fortress within Southern wall at Pub 13 Restaurant.
Overnight within Alba Iulia medieval citadel at Medieval Hotel.
DAY 6 ~ Wallachia ~ Carpathian Mountains ~ ValceaBlue pottery of Horezu UNESCO site
Drive to Olt Valley.
Red Tower Pass.
Lunch in Ramnicu Valcea at Queen Fine Dining Restaurant.
Horezu tour (UNESCO site):
– Horezu Monastery,
– Pottery Workshops,
– Maldaresti Culas.
Dinner and overnight in Horezu area at Maldar Lordly Mansion.
DAY 7 ~ Wallachia ~ BucharestReturn home
Drive to Pitesti.
Lunch at Garden Pub Restaurant.
Drive to Bucharest airport.
What to expect: highly customized itinerary planning, recommendations for upscale / luxury hotels and traditional / fine dining top restaurants, all in country private transfers.
Optional (subject to availability):
– special experiences (helicopter leisure flight over Bucharest and / or Carpathian Mountains, other experiences),
– personal tour manager.
Base price (itinerary planning & all inclusive car rental): from 1,600 Euro for up to 6 guests.
Tour type: escorted.
Departures: all year round.
– gourmet / wine tasting,
– culture / art / museums, movie buffs,
– history, ruins / archaeology, castles / fortresses, churches.
Covered Wooden Stairs has 175 low height steps requiring a light effort. You can stop on the way without blocking access.
Speak to your local expert and start creating your private bespoke tour !