Nature, Art & Adrenaline
Buzau ~ Dambovita ~ Valcea ~ Mehedinti ~ Dolj
– Admire the world’s most valuable amber
– Feel the thrill of the track driving supercars
– Reach the Red Tower Pass on Olt Valley
– Celebrate all Oltenian traditions at Maldaresti Boyars’ Fortified Mansion
– See the traditional blue printed pottery center & UNESCO Orthodox monastery from Horezu
– See the second landscape in Romania unique in the world
DAY 1 ~ BUZAU COUNTY
Welcome and greetings on Bucharest airport.
Private car transfer from the airport to Buzau area.
A destination that will soothe your soul and heart
Are you seeking more secluded locations where you can really enjoy surroundings without phone calls and emails interruptions ?
We propose you destinations so remote that some don’t even have GSM covering !
Instead you will have the great opportunity to do some soul searching.
It’s totally up to you.
See the world’s most valuable amber
One of the only few amber museums in the world is located in Fangs village.
This is the only place on Earth where they industrially extracted amber from underground mines.
The village provided the raw material for Stalin’s pipe, necklaces of Queen of England and Elena Ceausescu and Amber Room.
You can not dig yourself for the most valuable amber like the locals but you are welcome to find out all the stories at Fangs Amber Museum !
DAY 2 ~ DAMBOVITA COUNTY
Feel the thrill of the track driving supercars
So you’re a good driver.
But sometimes, just sometimes, you get in a little bit of trouble.
Like when you almost smashed the suped-up Porsche into a Corvette at very high speed on a very tight corner.
(Other great cars are welcome.)
So put this in your diary as it is the ultimate driving experience.
You and a handful of other rebels will push cars like Dacia Logan Cup around a track.
And you will do dangerous things like skid panning and slalom driving.
And James Bond-style 180 degree park-ups.
Close your eyes, hit the brakes hard, turn the wheel, and if it starts to flip, jump out.
Then, and just for the hell of it, go for a few laps by way of encore.
Just this time a la Hamilton, staying as close as you can to the racing line.
This driving experience puts you behind the wheel of 7 supercars.
You’ll switch and compare performance and handling between cars from Renault, Dacia, Ford, Mercedes, Audi, Mitsubishi, and more. Plus you will rack up loads of smiles along the way.
These powerful cars are perfect to help you sharpen your line and car control.
DAY 3 ~ VALCEA COUNTY
Watch for the storks nests on the beautiful Olt Valley while riding on E81 (European Road 81).
Crossing the Pasul Turnu Rosu (Red Tower Pass – 352 m), this is one of the most beautiful roads in Romania.
It is also one of the most important communication ways between Bucharest and the cities from Northern and Western Romania.
Spare some time in Cozia National Park. And enjoy the highlights tour of North Oltenia’s prestigious old monasteries: Cornetu, Turnu and Cozia.
DAY 4 ~ MEHEDINTI COUNTY
You really don't know what to admire first when you visit this cave.
Not for nothing it occupies the second place on the list of landscapes from Romania unique in the world !
It is a nature monument ever since 1956 when it was the most important cave discovery of that time.
As Romanian geo-speleologists demonstrated along time, this cave hides concretionary forms unique even for world speleology.
Drive to Oltenia’s most important city: Craiova.
Dinner and overnight at Popeci Mansion.
DAY 5 ~ DOLJ COUNTY
Discover the highlights of a former Roman castrum that millenniums later gave to the world the fountain pen inventor.
Its landmarks include:
– Oltenia Museum,
– Art Museum,
– Nicolae Romanescu Park,
– Botanical Garden,
– St. Nicholas Church and
– St. Demetrius Metropolitan Cathedral.
Private car transfer to Bucharest airport and fly back home.
– Tour type: escorted.
– Interests: family, culture / art / museums, history, nature, relaxing.
– Departures: all year round.
– Duration: 5 days.
– Pick-up & Drop off: Bucharest Airport.
– Further details and notes
– highly customized itinerary planning & travel arrangements
– online informational kit
– upscale / luxury hotel recommendations
– traditional / fine dining top restaurant recommendations
– all in country private transfers by chauffeured sedan / minivan
– permanent travel assistance
– VIP Hospitality
– Personal tour manager
– Helicopter transfer / private jet transfer / leisure flight: from 200 Euro per hour per 1 guest
– 3*, 4* or 5* accommodation in Bucharest and visited cities of Romania
– Hotel daily breakfast
– Lunches and dinners
– Entrance fees
This itinerary is a tailor made experience.
Kindly contact us for pricing and availability.