- DAY 1
- Leisure time (optional) for: meeting a lace-maker, fly fishing marble trouts in nearby rivers or hiking and cycling experiences. You can also discover the mysterious Idrija’s underground world with a guide. This takes you to the world’s second-largest mine of mercury (500 years old, UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- Traditional cuisine dinner (expression of the terroir) at Kendov Dvorec Restaurant
- DAY 2
- Full day tour of Skocjan Caves, Lipica & Piran: Karst & Coast (small-group from Ljubljana)
- DAY 3 (optional)
- Full day tour to Bled Lake ~ At the foothills of Julian Alps, the glacial lake fed by hot springs has the only natural island in the country, with a church on top. The 11-th century fairytale castle lying on a cliff overlooking this lake houses a printing press museum. The lake offers spectacular views especially in the autumn if you choose a 1.5 hours walk around it. Alternatively you can go to: Mala Osojnica (steep hike to famed Lake Bled views) or Ojstrica (mountain with a pyramid-shaped top). If the weather is too cold for swimming, it is perfect for boat rowing around the island and photo shootings.
- 2 nights of accommodation at Kendov Dvorec Hotel ~ If you prefer the village atmosphere of a 14-century mansion set amid alpine peaks, this is for you. A hotel and restaurant with elegant furniture in traditional local style, wood carved antique interiors and handmade decorative lace. Its beautifully landscaped gardens have picturesque views.
- Optional trips to:
- the breathtaking Soca Valley
- Ljubljana, Slovenia’s capital and one of the top 10 best holiday destinations in August for summer sun
- Skocjan karst caves
- Bohinj alpine lake
- Vipava Valley vineyards
Slovenian magical nature invites you in a splendid peaceful blend between historical and modern life. Here, in the middle of a river island, a castle hosts a hotel and restaurant. Think of morning walks with birdsongs, candle-lit dinners for gourmets, wine, crackling wood fire… Did we mention they have one of the best golf courses in Europe ?
- DAY 1
- Leisure time (optional) for: fishing, relaxing in the garden, tasting wine… Or even better, dunking your beauty into the ever so healing waters of Klevevz !
- Classical cooking dinner at Otocec Castle Restaurant
- 1 night of accommodation at Grad Otocec Hotel
From 680 Euro / guest
(Online) visa, Travel insurance, Country details, Travel experts (leading travel agencies / tour operators / travel advisors), Flight tickets, Rent a car, Destinations (with Accommodation, Restaurants, Sightseeing & Activities)
Did you find this information helpful ?
TAP TO TIP