Slovenian magical nature invites you in a splendid peaceful blend between historical and modern life. Here, in the middle of a river island, a castle hosts a hotel and restaurant. Think of morning walks with birdsongs, candle-lit dinners for gourmets, wine, crackling wood fire… Did we mention they have one of the best golf courses in Europe ?
- October 19-22
- Private tour of Bled Lake, Bohinj Lake and Vintgar Gorge (from Ljubljana)
- 1 lunch or dinner (regional cuisine) for two at Otocec Castle
- 3 nights of accommodation at Grad Otocec Hotel
- From 607 Euro / guest in double room
At the foothills of Julian Alps, on the shore of Bled glacial lake fed by hot springs, you find maybe the best ski resort in Slovenia: Bled. The 11-th century castle lying on a cliff overlooking this lake houses a printing press. Together with the church-topped islet in the middle of the lake it contributed to the resort’s fame.
- Accommodation at 4 * Hotel
- Good food at Michelin Restaurant
- Massage ~ 30 min
- Straža Bled ~ Summer toboggan track & winter skiing
- Lake Bled ~ The lake has the only natural island in the country, with a church on top. It offers spectacular views especially in the autumn if you choose a 1.5 hours walk around it. Although this period is too cold for swimming, it is perfect for boat rowing around the island and photo shootings.
- Bled Island ~ Historic island with church & castle
- Bled Castle ~ Fairytale castle on lakeside & museum
- Mala Osojnica ~ Steep hike to famed Lake Bled views
- Ojstrica ~ Mountain with a pyramid-shaped top
- From 656 Euro / guest in double room
- Lunch / Dinner at traditional cuisine restaurant
- Ski / Snowboarding / Snow-shoe
- Spa massage
- Ljubljana Castle ~ Medieval fortress with a funicular train
- Plecnik Architekt’s House Museum
- Fine Art National Gallery
- Central Market
- Dragon Bridge
- From 817 Euro / guest in double room
If you prefer the village atmosphere of a 14-century mansion set amid alpine peaks, this is for you. A hotel and restaurant with elegant furniture in traditional local style, wood carved antique interiors and handmade decorative lace. Its beautifully landscaped gardens have picturesque views. You can fly fish marble trouts or visit the mercury mine (UNESCO site).
From 188 EUR